Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Balik Kampung

Even though it is late by 1 day, but I'm still very zealous to write about the memorable days that I spent in my dad's kampung which is situated in Kota Kuala Muda, Kedah. The 7 of us (my family and I) went to my dad's kampung on the first day of Eid Adha (November 27, 2009). The journey started at 9.58 am (my watch). My dad thought that there'll be no jam on that day since it's Hari Raya itself, but actually there's a jam somewhere in Lembah Beringin along the North-South Expressway when we just began our journey about less than an hour before. The cause of the jam is no other than accident. Accident, my dear...we got stuck for almost an hour. It's an accident which involved 3 cars. I got to snap 1 of the cars. Here is the picture of it.


After that we continue our journey happily. I never sleep along the way. When we were about to go through a long tunnel in Perak, I was ready with the camera. Even though I've been going through the very same tunnel for like hundreds of times (hyperbolic) I guess since I was small, but it never stops me from being over-excited about it. Here's the pictures of it.


At around 1.30 pm in an R&R somewhere in Perak, my dad stopped the car. We had our lunch there. Since the food that they have weren't look nice, some of us ate burgers, sandwiches, fruits and kebabs as lunch. I ate rice, but it wasn't nice...Finish with that, we continued our journey to the North. My dad asked my brother to drive the car. I didn't know about that that when I sat at the passenger's seat next to the driver's seat, my brother looked surprised. It was a coincidence that I decided to sit at my mom's seat because my younger brother likes to disturb me. So, it's like that. My dad changed place with my brother and I switched with my mom.


We reached my grandmother's house at 3.56 pm (again my watch). My Tok, Cu and cousins happily greeted us. I unpacked my stuffs and then I ask my younger brothers and cousins if they're interested in playing Frisbee with me. It turned out that they would like to play that. Thanks to Eton for introducing me to this game even though I never play this in a team. Based on the knowledge that Eton taught me, I passed the knowledge to my cousins and younger brother. So, we played at an empty construction site behind Tok's house. The construction here is the construction for a new road to be constructed. However, we played for a short time only because I became interested in following my dad to walk along the construction site which is just next to a river. The others all walked, but I was jogging all the way with my sandals. I want to sweat ! As to expect from my dad who's a fishing craze, he started imagining he'll go fishing at the river and then we'll cook Ikan Bakar there. What an imagination, ayah ! ^_^

At night, all of us stay in front of TV since 8 pm to watch the last episode of a very outstanding Malay drama : Nur Kasih. My mom, my brother and I are big fans of this superb drama. The ending was nice. I ♥ the drama so much ! Gonna miss watching it...

On the next day (December 28, 2009), early in the morning, my parents went to a small river between paddy fields. They went for fishing. My dad if he goes back to his hometown..."tak sah tak pergi mengail". When they came back, they brought back few small fishes. Ikan haruan and ikan puyuh were the ones that they got. So, our lunch were those fishes. I cooked the main course for lunch : ikan masak sambal and telur dadar. ^_^ In the afternoon, my uncle, Pak Ndak came with his family. Kak Siti, his first daughter is graduating next year in fashion designing. She showed us her creations. Nice ! My aunt, Mak Ngah also came with her youngest daughter, Kak Chik. Later in the evening, the same event happened. We played frisbee again with Kak Chik as an additional player. The unique thing was that she played frisbee with her baju kurung. Kak Chik..Kak Chik...Then, as I've promised, we went to a nearby shop and bought ice-creams. The ice-creams there are so cheap ! Very very cheap ! "Aiskrim batang" is RM 0.20 only !

On the next day (December 29, 2009), early in the morning, my parents went fishing again. But, this time my younger sister, younger brother and I followed them. Since I don't like fishing, I went jogging alone along a paddy field. Jogging at a paddy field...hehe...what an experience ! In the evening, while I was sleeping, my uncle, Pak Chik came with his family. I don't know how long have they arrived, but I noticed their presence when I woke up at 4.30 pm. In the evening, Faiz, Pak Chik's son joined us to play frisbee. He seemed to like it too ! After that, all of us went to buy ice-creams again. Around 6.20 pm, my sister suggested that both of us should have a ride around the kampung by riding my uncle's motorbike. Without delay, I agreed ! After asking permission, we went around the kampung by motorbike. Yuhuuu....My cousins also wanted to join us. But, it's too late already. My dad said just continue the next day. At night, suddenly my phone got a problem again ! The screen turned black when I opened the flip. What la...I just sent for repair 2 months ago. What ? Expect me to buy a new phone ?

On the next day (December 30, 2009), early in the morning, my parents went fishing again. Yes, for the third time. Who knows, it's their luck on that day. My dad caught a very big "ikan keli" weighed 1.8 kg. Here's some pictures of my dad proudly hold the fish.


It's so big that I think it's more than enough for all of us for lunch. To me, it looked so delicious to be cooked as "ikan bakar", but they cooked it as a "gulai". It's still very delicious though. Even my brother and younger sister who dislike "ikan keli" ate the fish. Perhaps because the fish was still fresh. So, it tasted better. After we had our lunch, my family and I packed our stuffs and got ourselves ready to go back home. Ahh...time passes very fast. It has been 4 days already. Around 3 pm, we headed back to Seri Kembangan, Selangor. On the way back, another accident occurred. 3 cars involved if I'm not mistaken. It happened somewhere in Sungkai.

Before we reached home, we had our dinner at Chop n Steak Corner, a very classic restaurant as it has lots of antique things like a scooter, an old bicycle, and others. We ate chicken chop, lamb chop and a few additional food. While waiting for the food, I took photos of my malfunctioning hand phone. Look properly...the writings are inverted !


Around 10 pm we reached home. Too tired that I can't type..so, that's why I'm typing now....