Saturday, December 5, 2009

Steamboat with Family

It was so hard for me to wake up at 5.30 am today. The weather in Akasia was so cold that I had to completely cover myself from head to toe while sleeping throughout the night. Furthermore, I usually wake up around 6.45 am and above during this semester break. 5.30 am is really too early for me. However, I really need to force myself to wake up because I need to be ready by 6.45 am at Akasia's bus stop. I was shivering when I showered this morning. The water was so cold !! Usually I bathe with hot water at home. Then, when I talk to Hema, I realized that something is wrong with my voice. It sounded differently from usual. Sore throat !

Today, I sat for TOEFL examination for a very long time and I only got 10 minutes break. The exam started at 9 am and ended at nearly 1 pm. The place was so cold and I really regretted that I didn't bring my sweater. I left it at home. I was shivering in that place as well. In fact, I went to the ladies two times before the exam started to get rid of the air-conditioned room. I felt that I'll be sick later with the sore throat that suddenly attacked me this morning. When I saw two Korean guys wearing short pants and seemed to be fine with the air-conditioned place, it made me think for a while. "How can they withstand the cold temperature of the room?" Haha...of course they can easily handle that since they are Koreans ! I don't want to comment on the exam because it's over. So, close the book.

After the exam, I went back to Akasia with Hema. Since Hema is on diet, she just accompanied me to eat lunch at Sup Utara Restaurant. I ate porridge. After that, we went back to our room and laid ourselves on our beds. While relaxing, we talked about lots of things and lots of people until we got tired and fall asleep. I'm not sure at what time I woke up later but Hema was packing up her stuffs to go back home. Then, she left me alone in our house around 5pm. After she left, I did not know what else to do. I tried to sleep, but I could not. Besides, according to Islam, it's not good to sleep after Asar time. So, I just sat on a sofa and do nothing. My RM 18 watch dropped this morning, and became malfunctioning. Then, my sister's phone that I borrowed last night ran out of battery. My phone has been malfunctioning since the second day of Eid until now.

I was actually waiting for my family to come as soon as possible. So, after packing my things, I waited for them at the guard house at 7.30 pm. I waited and waited, but they never appear. One hour later, they reached Akasia at 8.30 pm. With my stomach growling for food, I smiled to them and told my dad to go to Plaza Alam Sentral. Actually, I asked all of them to fetch me in Akasia because I wanted to treat them steamboat with the first salary of my life that I just got yesterday. I chose to eat at Thai Fusion Steamboat because I've tried it before with my housemates and I think the foods are quite nice with cheap prices. Since I'm the one paying for the foods, I'm the one ordering everything except for their own drinks. Sadly, I just treated myself with plain water because of my sore throat.


I felt extremely happy when I saw my family members seemed to enjoy the foods very much. The bill was below the budget.^_^ Alhamdulillah, I managed to treat my beloved family with the first salary that I've ever gotten in my life after helping my mom's friend with her company's administration at her international company.