Tuesday, August 2, 2011

First Day of Ramadan 1432 H

Alhamdulillah, the plan to have a small break fast ceremony in my "temporary" house last night was successful. Everyone of the Malaysians that stay in the campus came to my house. 8.33 pm was the time when the Maghrib adzan was heard, indicating the time to break fast. 

The menus for the day were :
1. Tomato rice 
2. Korma chicken 
3. Vegetables in sour gravy 
4. Shrimp curry 
5. Tepung pelita 
6. Bread pudding 
7. Kuih melaka/onde-onde
8. Fruits cocktail 
9. Air bandung laici
10. Chocolate chips cookies
11. Grapes

After we had a mild break fast, we had Maghrib prayer together. Then, we continued to eat heavy food. Thank you to everyone who came and wished me "Happy Birthday" and "Happy Fasting". I was lucky that I got two wishes this year since my birthday falls on the first day of Ramadan. 

Ramadan kareem to every Muslim in the whole world !  May Allah bless all of us with bountiful blessings on this special month.