Today I bake a simple pastry called the
This is not the first time I baked cheese muffin. I have lost count of how many times I baked cheese muffin. I started baking cheese muffin when I was in Malaysia.
So, here's the recipe for the cheese muffin :
4 oz butter
4 oz cream cheese (you may add more if you'd like it to be more cheesy)
1 large egg
3/4 cup milk (preferably full cream milk)
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. In a large bowl, mix together butter, cream cheese, and sugar by using an electric mixer or by hand until they are nice and fluffy. Add the egg afterwards. Continue beating them.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Add the flour mixture, followed by milk into the large bowl containing the creamy mixture. Then, stir the mixture until everything just combined.
4. Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a muffin pan with 12 paper muffin cups. Divide batter evenly into muffin cups.
5. Bake the muffin for 16-20 minutes. To test the muffin, insert a toothpick or a fork into the center of the muffin, making sure that it comes out clean.
6. Let the muffins cool down before serving. Else, keep them in an airtight container.
This recipe can produce up to 18 muffins. Happy trying !