Thursday, September 24, 2009

Why is 1 Syawal 1430 H a very special day ?




I am very busy nowadays with Eid celebration that I don't have time to update my stories. What to do ? Guests keep on coming to my house...^_^

From my observation throughout 18 years of my years of breathing in this world, I notice that Hari Raya Aidilfitri has always been one of the most awaiting festive season in Malaysia, especially to Malays...eh, sorry...Muslims...eh, I think Malaysians wholly. Everyone in Malaysia knows that Raya break usually will be around 1 week. Enough for visiting relatives and friends, attending open houses, collecting money (ehem...I like this!), and holidays. That's why people like Raya so much ! Ok, that's for the introduction of this post.

Now, let me go straight to the point. Raya celebration this year is indeed very special of all others because of few reasons :
1. First time I celebrate first day of Raya at home...in Seri Kembangan, Selangor.
2. First time I sewed my baju raya...it's a purple baju kurung.


3. First time I cooked for a big number of people...urm, around 20. My neighbors visited my house on Raya night. I cooked them fried macaroni with cheese, chicken, mixed vege, chilli paste, and what else ah ?? I forgot... Uhh...my own recipe that I created after break fast. It turned up to taste nice ! hehe...

Lots of my friends ask me about my duit raya collection. Well, since I'm already 18 years old...I'm not like few years ago...when I was still "muka tembok" to go to my neighbors', my friends' and my teachers' houses to collect duit raya. Now, it's my turn to stay at home and wait for people to come and visit my house. So, less duit raya this year...just got duit raya from relatives and family friends.

That's the end of my Hari Raya story~ I would like to add some more, but I think I have to wait for more things to happen in this one month of blessings.