Sunday, November 21, 2010

Trip to Penn State (2)

I ate really a lot yesterday. Starting with potluck dinner at Ron Nie's house in Parkway, then we went to a seniors' house at College Park for Aidil Adha dinner. At Ron Nie's house, I met lots of old friends from INTEC. I also met Jessica, one of the people that I'd really want to see when I plan to come to Penn State. She hugged me as soon as she opened the door when I just reached Ron Nie's house. I've been missing her and her warm hugs ! Besides that, I'm touched by the way my Malaysian friends treated the 3 of us (me, Atikah & Hazreena) because they're really concern about the foods that we can and cannot eat. "This one can eat ka ? What about this one ? Ahh, this one ?" I love them so much ! Thanks, my dear friends ! We also played card games but I don't know what's the name because I simply played for the enjoyment of playing it. We ate until we felt really full. There were a very delicious cheese cake made by Kelvin, mashed potatoes, fried mihun, curry made by Muru (thanks for keeping the gravy for me !), pizzas and others.

At the seniors' house, we stuffed our stomachs with a lot of foods too. We had soto, kuah kacang, banana pudding, spaghetti, popia, kuih raya, air bandung and others. I felt really full ! We also went to another seniors' house to try out a new game from xbox which was just released recently, Kinect. It was totally fun because of its special feature which is human as the controller. Awesome ! We control by using gestures and commands. Cool, right ? 

After that, we went to another senior's house for girls sleepover. Activities were watching movies, hair makeover, and sleeping. We watched a hindi movie entitled I Hate Luv Storys. Around 1 a.m., I already felt very sleepy and started yawning, but I still tried to open my eyes so that I could watch the movie until the end.  Two of us stayed awake to watch another movie. I slept at 2 a.m., couldn't stand the sleepiness anymore.

Today, we had a delicious lunch at Shahril's house in Vairo Village. He and his housemate, Dzul cooked chicken rice and shepherds pie. They were marvellous ! After that, I went to Kelvin's house which was nearby Shahril's. There, I ate a chocolate flavored ice cream from Creamery, one of the best ice cream vendors in US known for their mouth-watering ice-cream. I also learnt how to play a very simple song by pressing a few keys on a piano taught by Amy. That was really an unforgettable experience for me because I never know how to play piano before. 

Then, I went back to Shahril's house. Shahril and the others were playing Guitar Hero. So, I joined them and got addicted to it as I had progressed from don't know how to play at all to can play "easy" mode. Haha...easy level only. I tried playing medium level, but it's difficult. Perhaps I need more training...haha =P 

When we went back to Atikah's house, I helped Atikah to bake a butter cake. Atikah said she felt like doing something with cooking and baking so she decided to bake a cake. It wasn't hard though because there's instant flour for baking. Looking forward for tomorrow and the next following days until it's time for me to go back to Rochester.