Friday, April 23, 2010

Interesting Events in Spring Semester 2010

Disney's Theme Class Parade : Beauty & the Beast


Papa John pizzas


Halloween Night

Acceptance into Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT), New York
I was very happy when I got a letter from RIT mentioning that I got accepted into that private university. Even though RIT is not my first choice, but I'm glad that at least I have a university to further my studies in USA. Last Thursday (April 22, 2010), I gave the reply form for accepting the offer from RIT to an OSSP officer meaning I'm accepting RIT.

Halloween Night
Somehow, this year's Halloween Night was not as interesting as last year's. It was still very entertaining especially the second video presentation, but incomparable to last year's. Sorry Thanges. I know that you're the event's organizer and we're house mates, but I have to say this. Anyway, this is just my humble opinion. Perhaps because there're very few people compared to last year's. When I walked around the hall, I kept on seeing the same faces. It's kinda disappointing also when not many seniors came and some of the seniors came without costumes for Halloween. Common guys, where's the spirit for Halloween ? Umm, perhaps they'll gain their spirit for Halloween when they go to the states. I think I criticize a lot...well, I love the decoration in the middle of the hall. That was totally awesome and a very suitable background for snapping pictures. With all the Halloween symbols like coffin, tomb etc, these had really lit up the Halloween spirit in the hall. By the way, I came with a costume. It's a very simple white costume because I just wore a baju kurung, a selendang, and a mask. With all white image, I was a "Puteri Bunian", also known as elf.

American Class Parade (Beauty and the Beast)
My class, Arkansas got Beauty and the Beast for our Disney's class parade theme. I think that's cool because the characters in Beauty and the Beast are mostly animated things like Mr. Candle, Mr. Clock, Mrs. Pot etc. After some discussion, we decided to put two guys as the main role meaning both the beauty and the beast are guys ! Haha...they're so sporting especially our beauty. We practiced quite frequently especially during the first week of American Indulgence Fiesta because we've set our target to win the inter-class competition. It turned out that we did! WE WON THE FIRST PLACE. The prize was RM 250 Papa John pizza vouchers. The judges were impressed by the way our main roles acted and controlled their feelings when they had to dance face to face very closely. Usually, it's very hard for guys to stare at themselves in a close distance. But, they managed to do it despite people were laughing at them. The servants also did well in their dance with the spontaneous act among themselves. As for the villagers who came to attack the beast and the servants for taking beauty in his house, we're (I was a villager) just additional characters. Others did well also. Surprisingly, all the four senior Biotechnology classes (Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado) grabbed all the prizes. The second place won by Colorado with their Cinderella theme (new version because the Cinderella was a guy), the third place was a tie between Alabama with their Lion King theme and California with their Hercules theme. As for my class, I was asked to become the make-up artist. So, I did make-up for some people and helped Thanges to put on her pillow costumes for Mrs Pot's character. Here are the characters in our class parade's Beauty and the Beast :

Beauty ~ Ali
Beast ~ Izzat
Mr Candle ~ Muru
Mr Clock ~ Wei Jie
Mrs Pot ~ Thanges
Dog ~ Aiman
Cups ~ Nina & Aisyah
Fork ~ Qing De
Knife ~ Adeline
Gustav ~ Melanie
Gustav's sidekicks ~ Yee Chen & Suhaimi
Villagers ~ the rests

Congrats, Arkansans !

Papa John Pizza Moments with Arkansans
After some discussion in class, we decided to go to Papa John restaurant in Sunway Pyramid on April 9, 2010. This is the best date because it was after our tests and one week before final exam. Most of us went there by public transport, either by train or by taxi. Only some lucky students went with Nina's car as she had to drive our guest, Mr Kamal. We ordered 9 pizzas (8 regular and 1 large) with some side dishes. While waiting for the food to be served, some of us listened to Mr Kamal's stories (he's good at giving us advices) and some talked among themselves. As for me, I was busy taking pictures of all my classmates. Two people could not come, Melanie and Ming. As for the food, I think the taste of the pizzas are more or less the same like other pizzas. Nothing special about it except the expensive prize. Even with the RM 250 voucher, we had to add some more money. I think spending money in Pizza Hut is more valuable. Hehe...btw, I love Pizza Hut !

Biology Big Day
It was on the last day of Biology lecture. In the morning, we had Biology presentation by some of the lucky students. There was also video presentations showing top three winners for the Aquaria documentary competition which was held last year. My group was not presenting on the big day. Lucky ! For the video competition, my group managed to be among the top 9 winners. Not bad...despite the quality of the video that we made in just 3 days ! I know we could've done better if we had more time. At the end of the event, Pn. Mimi bought pizzas for all of us, her Cell Biology students. Thank you, Pn. Mimi ! We love you !

Study Room Gang
To say a gang, it sound a bit weird. Like a gangster...but, I think should be ok. Well, since I always go to the study room at night, sometimes during the day as well, I've formed my own circle of friends there. These people are the common visitors of the study room in Akasia. They are Yi Lin, Siong Yee, Qing De, Li Sia, Anis, Asnida, Nina, Syimma, Wahi, Rubi, Pey Suh etc. Of all these people, Yi Lin is the one who always come here. Study room is like her second room. Haha...Our activity is not only studying. We also eat, watch movies/dramas, gossiping, and sleeping. We eat different kinds of food like burger that we always buy from opposite Cemara gate, biscuits and others. There was once I was caught by the guard while sleeping inside the study room. Sibuk betul pak cik guard tu !