Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Overslept + Unknown Bacteria + End of Orgo Lab

There were a few times I was late to class when I was studying in INTEC. One time I remembered, I was late to Mr Kamal's class which was Technical Writing class. Today, again I was late to class because of the same reason like the previous ones. OVERSLEPT ! The funny thing was that I was late to an afternoon class. =P The previous classes were morning classes. How come ? I wanted to take a nap. I always take a nap, but not at home in Colony Manor. Nap on campus in RIT. This time, I took a nap by nicely slept on my bed, complete with socks and full attire to go to class. I was thinking that it would be easier to catch the bus in 10 minutes time by getting myself ready. Hahaha...it turned out that I woke up at 2.20 p.m. instead of 1.20 p.m. ! As usual, I became extremely panic and quickly grabbed my bag to catch the bus (forgot to check the bus schedule). However, the bus left already so I had to wait for the bus to come back. As soon as I reach Gleason circle (bus stop in RIT), I ran as fast as I could and climbed up stairs to the third floor. I reached class at 2.40 p.m. and the lecturer was teaching in front. Slowly I entered the classroom and grabbed a place to sit - first row ==" . Trying to act normally when my heart was actually beating to the maximum rate, I listened to the lecture and wrote down notes (don't know what's going on actually >_<)

this is how I look like when I woke up from an overslept

After the class finished, I went to see my Microbiology lecturer to tell him that I would like to guess on my numbered unknown bacteria. I was scared to the death actually because that was my second guess. If I guess wrongly, then I would not get bonus points. The first unknown bacteria that I guessed was correct at first try because it was very easy to be differentiated. The first one was Staphylococcus aureus which sample I took from the skin of my arm. The second one that I had been holding on for a few weeks to tell my lecturer was Enterobacter aerogenes. I was not sure with my findings, so I made a lot of tests to identify that bacteria. Alhamdulillah, it was correct ! Yippee !! 40 marks scored for unknown bacteria.

Staphylococcus aureus

Enterobacter aerogenes

Today is also the last day for Organic Chemistry lab. Yahoo !! Why am I so excited ?! The end of Organic Chemistry lab means the end of night class for the rest of the quarter (winter quarter too!). If that lab wasn't at night, maybe I would not be that excited.

when I am very happy and excited !

Pics taken from :